How can a Wind Mitigation Inspection Save me Money on Insurance Premiums
If you live in a coastal state, you’ve probably heard of a Wind Mitigation Inspection for Insurance Discounts. If you’re a Florida resident, especially – that peninsular state sprawling into the Atlantic and Gulf, flirting with tropical storms and hurricanes every summer and fall – almost assuredly you’re familiar. And if you’re not, you might want to reconsider the significant savings a home inspection may offer, should nature’s fury unleash.
Many property owners receive wind mitigation inspections to assess the preparedness of their homes and businesses in resisting the effects of windstorm damage.
Protecting Your Home Can Save You Money
Protecting your home and property is important to your peace of mind. In Florida, that protection should include features to prevent wind damage.
In a hurricane or other severe storms, homes are battered by heavy wind. Wind-damage mitigation features protect against wind damage by helping your home withstand these forces. Documenting the presence of qualifying mitigation features on your home through a wind mitigation inspection may save you money by helping you qualify for mitigation discounts on your insurance policy.
Common Wind-Damage Mitigation Features
- Doors and windows designed to withstand wind pressure and projectiles
- Storm shutters or panels that protect your windows and other openings from wind, rain and projectiles
- Roofing materials and coverings that are rated to resist high winds and water intrusion
- Attachments for walls and roofs that are specially designed to prevent the roof from being blown off by severe winds
- Roof and building shapes that are more resistant to high winds
Wind Mitigation Insurance is the only inspection that is almost guaranteed to Save You Money in some level of insurance discount on your insurance premium.